Friday 26 July 2013

Norwich Sign Gary Hooper From Celtic



Norwich City have completed the signing of striker Gary Hooper from Celtic.

The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year deal, with the option of adding on a further year, after he passed a medical at Carrow Road.

He has been Celtic's leading goal scorer for the last three seasons - including netting 31 goals for the Scottish champions last season.

Hooper told Norwich City's official website he was pleased to have finally put pen to paper.

"I can't wait to get down to work, to get training with the lads and working with the coaching staff," he said.

"I knew Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood from my youth days at Spurs so it will be great to be back working with them in the Premier League.

"I have scored goals at every level I have played at and the challenge of playing in the Premier League is really exciting to me."

Celtic manager Neil Lennon described Hooper as the club's best striker since Henrik Larsson and said his departure was a "huge loss" for the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment